Thanks to everyone who came out in NYC last night! That was so much fun. An experimental instructional dance party led by a robot, live improvised music, and an incredible personal essay. Plus, so many prizes!
Dylan Marron created and facilitated the dance party. Dylan recommended:
1) The Affair on Showtime
2) All About My Mother by Pedro Almodóvar
3) Spoiled Brats by Simon Rich
Dan Manian and Jeff Manian played music. Jeff recommended:
1) Cadbury's Mini Chocolate Eggs with a hard shell
2) Metrocards (and the MTA Transit Museum)
3) Pizza from John's on Bleecker
Ivan Anderson (email him at Ivan.Stone.Anderson@gmail.com) read an incredible personal story about an existential crisis and a holiday party gig. Ivan recommended:
1) Spiral notebooks from CVS
2) Tropicana Low-Acid Orange Juice with No Pulp
3) Crazy from the Heat by David Lee Roth
All night long, 11-year-old audience member Aidan had been stealing the show with his enthusiasm and charisma. In an incredible turn of events, his family all won prizes, including the spoon! Here they are with their haul:
SHOW UPDATE: There are no NYC shows of You Get A Spoon in May and June (I'm taking a break to go get married!) but we'll be back on Sunday, July 10 at 7 p.m.